Phil in Thailand 2006

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Thailand 2

Hi guys,

Well I'm enjoying my trip a lot so far. We just got back from a camp yesterday (Monday), which was a great opportunity to get to know the students better, and a really exciting time to be part of them hearing the gospel. Out of the 25 students that came from the town I'm in, only 5 of them were Christians, which is really exciting. Pray that the students will respond to the challenge they have heard, and will see that Christianity is a complete change of lifestyle!

The camp was also quite an encouragement for me in getting some free time just to chat with the students and become a friend. It was also quite cool to see Hank, WinDee and Yuan come along who I've become good friends with. Please continue to pray that I will be able to have some meaningful conversations with them. There was a chinese Bible study at camp and a lot of questions were being asked which is cool. Eating rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner was an experience, along with all the guys sharing the same room, sleeping on just a plastic mat and a blanket (especially when some of the guys insisted on watching soccer until the wee hours of the morning, on the TV in the corner), but I was happy at how comfortable I found it all.
______________________________________
Some prayer points I would really appreciate your prayer in are:

1. Continue to pray that I would be able to have significant conversations with the students here.

2. Pray that I would be able to meet some new students to invite along to the youth house here (where most of the outreach is done), especially as I go to play basketball.

3. Pray for all the students who heard the gospel at camp, that God's Spirit will convict their hearts and they will respond to this conviction.
______________________________________

Anyway, feel free to let me know you are getting my emails and still care! Always nice to hear from home.

Love Phil

1 Comments:

  • Hiya Phil,

    Great to hear that things are going well. Praying as requested...

    God bless,

    Mark.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home