Phil in Thailand 2006

Friday, December 15, 2006

Thailand 3

Hi everyone,

Thanks heaps for praying! James and I went to play basketball on Wednesday night and 8 guys followed us back to the youth house to hear a short gospel message and join in an evening of games,which was really encouraging. It is really amazing to get guys coming along, as Johnny and Anne (missionaries working here) say that it is predominantly girls who come along.

Tonight we are going to be showing the movie Superman Returns and pick up on the theme of the world needing a saviour. Tomorrow night, the local church is putting on an evangelistic Christmas party for the church youth, so pray that they will have the courage to invite their friends.

It seems like time has gone by so fast, as we are due to finish next Friday!!! Our final big event will be a Christmas party on Thursday night, so I would really appreciate your prayers for that. It's also frustrating for me, as I feel like I am just starting to get a bit of a feel for this place and my Thai is almost becoming functional now! I can definitely see the need for Christ in this place, but whether God will use me directly or not, in the future is pretty unclear to me at this stage.

Thank you so much to everyone who replied. Great to hear from you, and thanks so much for praying for God's work over here.

Love Phil

2 Comments:

  • Oh my goodness Phil!! I can't believe it's you in that climbing accident!! I'm glad you're ok and safe and it's been great reading about the awesome things God is doing on the Mission trip! Will be praying for you guys and have an awesome week! Please send my regards to everyone!:)

    ~Ruth from Welly ICF

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 PM  

  • don't believe everything you read. i'm amazed at newspapers ability to 'enhance' a story. but at least it makes me sound cooler than i actually am which is all good.

    By Blogger thekingphil, at 1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home