Phil in Thailand 2006

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Final Word

Hello Everyone,

Well, all the team have dispersed to Africa, Malaysia, England, and humble ol New Zealand, so I guess it's time for me to write my final letter to all you guys. The trip has been a really excellent one, and if anyone is considering student ministry, especially in an asian context, I highly recommend joining next year. It has been such a privilege to work with Johnny and Ann, who have so much wisdom and experience under their belts. It was also great to go with a team where everyone contributed 100% (we pretty much all got sick somewhere along the line) and had real positive attitudes the whole time.

So far, my conclusions from the trip?

Do I love the Thai people and see their need for the gospel? Definitely.
Is this love I feel unique to them? Don't know really.
Do I have unique skills for the Thai context? I think I could survive, which is actually quite a good start. Music and drama and high energy seem like pretty important assets over here, but I might scrape through with some sports skills.
If I had complete freedom, would I come back to Thailand as soon as possible? I think so.
Am I excited about what God is doing here? Yes.

Being the type of person I am, I would love to know now what I will be doing in 5-10 years so I can start preparing now, but I guess some patience won't kill me! In the short term, I would definitely like to support Central Thai ministry while I'm in NZ, so pray that I can meet some like minded people in the Naki who can pray with me for the work here.

This is the last email I will send out to everyone. Thanks so much for all the support you guys have given me. Hopefully in heaven I will be able to find out the effects of your guys prayers! It's been such an encouragement and I really thank God for the family He has given me in this world.

I have finally posted a couple pics on the blogsite for this trip, and hopefully will continue to post some stuff on there, regarding my life in Thailand.

Anyway, thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Soli Deo gloria,

Philip McIvor

2 Comments:

  • i just read through all your posts and now miss southeast asia even more than normal. sounds like the trip was exactly what it needed to be. i hope adjusting back to life and work all goes as smoothly as possible.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:40 PM  

  • Yo Phil good effort on Thailand...

    027 362 8375

    when u hit The Naki... Look fwd to it...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home