Phil in Thailand 2006

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Back in New Zealand

Well I'm back in NZ now. I'm very glad it's summer cuz even now it doesn't feel quite as warm as it should be! Very good to be greeted by Gareth and Carissa at the airport, even though I had to wear balloon animals in front of everyone at the airport as part of my welcome home!

Gareth, me, and Carissa at the Wellington Airport. (that balloon hat thing is another couple feet high)

In the car on the way home. Gareth thought it would be nice to greet me with some of my favourite things: a soccer ball, soldier, and a random jandal. (thats my hat extending to the front of the photo)

I definitely miss Thailand and I'm gonna have to stop comparing everything to Thailand sooner or later or people will just get annoyed! It's good to be back though and I'm crashing in my old flat which is fun. There are 8 of us living here right now, and a big thanks to Gareth for giving me his bed and sleeping outside on the hammock, or climbing up the chimney to sleep in the roof! And thanks to Gareth for a yummy welcome home brownie thing.

I'm definitely glad I went to Thailand, and if anyone is considering student work, I highly recommend this mission trip, as an excellent example of how it is done in a different context. Even if you're not considering going overseas yourself, it will give you new understanding on gospel centered, word based student ministry.

11 Comments:

  • That Gareth Bell is quite a guy. I'm so glad he moved back to Palmerston North. Lucky you Phil.

    Anonymous Fan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:30 AM  

  • Hmmm. I had this sneaking suspicion that you'd still be blogging. Turns out I was right.

    Welcome back Phil. Are you going to blog about seal-killing soon?

    By Blogger jjh, at 11:55 AM  

  • Yeah Gareth Bell, he's choice.

    What's with the seal killing? Another Physics project at massey?

    By Blogger Scott Mackay, at 12:43 PM  

  • Phil, is this your main blog? If there's something else out there that you use regularly let me know. Otherwise, I'm gonna try to read up on this one!

    Blessings!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:34 AM  

  • hey phil drop me a text 027 362 8375 be gd 2 catch up in np...

    By Blogger A. J. Chesswas, at 10:48 PM  

  • Phil loves soldier.

    By Blogger jjh, at 7:11 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger thekingphil, at 2:56 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home